BY: PHEOBE HORIBE
Nick Cordero’s cabaret album Live Your Life: Live at Feinstein’s/54 Below has been released to the public. The album debuted at #1 on iTunes, bumping Taylor Swift’s Folklore from the top spot. Nick recorded his cabaret show at Feinstein’s/54 Below back in April 2019, and with the help of his friend and music director Michael J Moritz Jr., the album is out and available as of 9/17.
Michael Moritz Jr. has three Tony Awards and an Emmy Award under his belt. He was the Music Director and pianist for Nick Cordero at his cabaret show last Spring which was Nick’s 54 Below debut.
Yesterday would have been Nick’s 42nd birthday and both his wife and Moritz thought this would be the best way to commemorate the day. The album is produced by Broadway Records and is now available at all major music retailers. Proceeds will go to help his wife, Amanda Kloots and their 1-year-old son Elvis.
Nick was best known for his role as Cheech in Bullets Over Broadway in which he received a Tony Award nomination. He also originated the roles of Sonny in A Bronx Tale, and Earl in Waitress.
Before Nick was diagnosed with coronavirus back in March, he and Moritz were planning to release this album but it was put on hold when Nick was hospitalized. His family later gave permission for it to be released. His show included special guests and friends, Zach Braff (Bullets Over Broadway), Kathryn Gallagher (Jagged Little Pill), Drew Gehling (Waitress), and Sara Chase (“The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”) who will all be featured in songs on his album.
The full song list includes:
- All Night Long
- Higher Ground
- “Oh my God, this crowd!”
- Oye Como Va
- “Get the gringa!”
- If I Ain’t Got You (with Kathryn Gallagher)
- What a Wonderful Word (with Michael J. Moritz Jr.)
- “I had to get to New York…”
- Hot Toxic Love (with Sara Chase)
- “The job that changed my life…”
- Tain’t Nobody’s Biz-ness If I Do
- “The can Waitress…”
- You Matter to Me (with Drew Gehling and Zach Braff)
- “An opportunity of a lifetime…”
- One of the Great Ones
- “They taught me about doing good by others…”
- The Men That Drive Me Places
- “I am sure you are aware that my wife Amanda and I are expecting our first child…”
- The Mother
- “I’ve lived a blessed life”
- Break It Down Again
- “I love you guys:
- Live Your Life
You can also support their family directly by donating to the GoFundMe page setup to benefit them.